The appointee will be responsible for:
- Planning, teaching and coordinating courses at the undergraduate and postgraduate level, on face-to-face, blended and online modes;
- Delivering a high standard of teaching;
- Supervising thesis students at the Post-Graduate, Masters and or PhD level.
- Maintain a strong record of research;
- Design and develop new or existing courses.
The Person We Seek
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- A PhD qualification in Pacific History or relevant discipline;
- Good relevant tertiary teaching experience;
- Experience in postgraduate supervision at the University level;
- Experience in teaching online courses and familiarity with online course design and pedagogy;
- Excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills;
- A strong record of internationally recognised research and publications;
- The ability work co-operatively in a term-oriented environment and evidence of this should be provided;
- Familiarity with and knowledge of the Pacific Region would be an advantage.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- Experience working in a diverse and multi-cultural environment in the Pacific;
- Online course development and/or online teaching.
The position is available for a term of 5 years and may be renewed by mutual agreement. Salary is subject to the laws of Fiji
Salary Range: Lecturer FJ $66, 990 to FJ $88, 144 per annum
In addition to the above benefits, the University contributes 10% of basic salary to an approved superannuation scheme, provides airfare and relocation costs where appropriate.
Enquiries: Dr. James Johnson, tel.: (679) 32 32506; James.Johnson@usp.ac.fj or Dr. Ryota Nishino at Ryota.Nishino@usp.ac.fj
Closing date for applications: 25 February 2018
How to Apply
Candidates may use the University’s online E-Recruitment system to view full details and apply for this position at https://www.usprecruits.usp.ac.fj Manual and emailed applications are no longer accepted. Candidates may request further information from the Human Resources Office; tel.: (679) 32 32072; email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Please also include the following documents in your application: Cover letter and Resume clearly addressing key Selection Criteria, academic transcript and names of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent direct work supervisor.