RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 96,000 students and close to 10,000 staff globally. The University’s mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for students to prepare them for life and work.
Our three main campuses in Melbourne are located in the heart of the City, Brunswick and Bundoora. Other locations include Point Cook, Hamilton and Bendigo, two campuses in Vietnam (Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City) and a centre in Barcelona, Spain. RMIT is a truly global university.
We are also committed to redefining our relationship in working with, and supporting, Indigenous self-determination. Our goal is to achieve lasting transformation by maturing our values, culture, policy and structures in a way that embeds reconciliation in everything we do. We are changing our ways of knowing, working and being to support sustainable reconciliation and activate a relationship between Indigenous and non-Indigenous staff, students and community. Our three campuses in Melbourne (City, Brunswick and Bundoora campuses) are located on the unceded lands of the people of the Woi Wurrung and Boon Wurrung language groups of the eastern Kulin Nation.
Why work at RMIT University
Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. Find out more about working at RMIT University, what we stand for and why we are an Employer of Choice.
We want to attract those who will make a difference. View RMIT’s impressive standings in university rankings.
RMIT International University Vietnam (RMIT Vietnam) is a campus of RMIT University. RMIT Vietnam is creating an innovative research, teaching and learning culture. We are committed to providing internationally recognised high-quality education and professional training for our students, clients and members of the community.
As an internationally recognised Australian university based in Asia, RMIT Vietnam assists in the development of human resources in Vietnam and the region by providing opportunities for students from around the world to belong to an international educational community that supports them to achieve their potential in an increasingly globalised world.
Degrees are awarded by RMIT University in Australia, allowing Vietnamese students to receive an overseas education without having to leave home. RMIT Vietnam is also host to students from Australia and many other countries. All degree programs are recognised by the Vietnamese Ministry of Education and Training (MOET) and are subject to regulation by the Australian Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency. RMIT Vietnam is an English-speaking university and all teaching is in English.
SCHOOL OF COMMUNICATION & DESIGN
The School of Communication & Design is committed to providing an international learning environment that encourages cultural awareness, critical thinking, experimentation and - above all - the ability to think differently. Our students develop the competence, confidence and professionalism needed for successful careers in communication, design, fashion, film and video, and languages.
We seek an experienced Lecturer/Associate Lecturer in Digital and Social Media Communication.
A flexible attitude and a range of skills related to the conceptualisation, execution and evaluation of digital communication courses is a must, as well as the capability and competence to teach and coordinate a range of relevant courses. The appointee is expected to actively promote both the program and the School through membership of - and links to - academic and professional networks. The appointee will be expected to contribute to multiple programs within the School of Communication & Design including the Bachelor of Games.
The appointee will be located at RMIT’s Saigon campus and will be expected to travel other RMIT Vietnam campuses as required.
- Undergraduate teaching including designing, conducting and moderating assessment; implementing improvements informed by peer review, course evaluation and/or student feedback.
- Professional activities and/or peer-reviewed research activities appropriate to the discipline including publishing research results in high-quality outlets as lead or co-author.
- Initiate and deliver programs to develop the teaching and/or research skills of academic and professional staff.
- Membership of committees, working parties or other service duties as required.
- Adhere to the Academic Expectations and Development Framework of RMIT Vietnam.
Key selection criteria:
- Lecturer: PhD or equivalent relevant doctoral qualification from a recognised institution.
- Associate Lecturer: we will consider an application from an emerging academic who is in the final stages of relevant doctoral study or an industry professional in this field. In this instance, a relevant completed master’s degree from a recognised institution is required.
- Up-to-date experience in Digital and Social Media Communication.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver undergraduate courses including the production of high-quality online or offline teaching activities and support materials.
- Demonstrated range of skills relating to the conceptualisation, execution and evaluation of courses, including the capability and competence to teach a range of media/communication/cultural studies courses.
- Evidence of achieving course learning outcomes and positive student experiences.
- Demonstrated capacity to undertake course coordination and to cooperate effectively with colleagues.
- Track-record of relevant research activity and peer-reviewed outputs or equivalent.
- Professional experience in the communication/media sector or equivalent is preferred.
- Ability to display appropriate behaviours in line with the RMIT Behavioural Capability Framework (Connectedness, Commitment to Excellence; Imagination and Innovation; Impact; Inclusion; Agility).
- Highly competitive VND salary (plus allowances) for local candidates or attractive USD salary package (plus benefits) for expatriate candidates depending on proven track record in meeting all the key selection criteria.
- Expatriate candidates: Relocation allowance and flights for dependents. School tuition support of up to US$15,000 per child annually, up to 2 children per family; private health insurance coverage for staff and family; annual health check-up; Work Permit for staff, Visa and temporary resident cards for family members
- Local candidates: 13th month Tet bonus + private medical insurance (for you and your dependents) + annual health check
- As an expatriate candidate you will require a work permit to be employed in Vietnam. To qualify for a work permit you will need a PhD qualification and you will need to be able to demonstrate at least 3 years of teaching across relevant subjects in a tertiary education environment.
- English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS Academic 7.0 and with no band less than 6.5 (or equivalent)
Information pack - Foreign academic candidates
HOW TO APPLY
Please click on the ‘Apply Now’ button. With your application please include:
Curriculum Vitae/ Resume
19 thg 10 2023 11.59 pm