The School of Arts and Sciences at the American University in Dubai invites qualified applicants for the position of Assistant/Associate Professor of History. Candidates are expected to join the University on or before the beginning of Fall 2024.
The successful candidate will have:
- D. in History from a Western accredited university
- Expertise in U.S. history, modern European history, or modern Middle Eastern history
- Previous teaching experience in a Western higher education system, with high ratings of teaching effectiveness
- Evidence of scholarly activity or strong potential for scholarly contributions
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills
- An ability to work collegially within a team of faculty members from diverse disciplines
Candidates should have evidence of successful teaching experience or must demonstrate significant potential and promise of teaching effectiveness and excellence at the undergraduate level. Additionally, candidates are expected to have an active research agenda, a record of professional development, and a willingness to assist in student advising, curriculum development, and other service to the department, school, and community.
The compensation package for this position is competitive and is based on the expatriate model. Besides tax-exempt basic salary, it includes housing, annual two-way airfare, health / life insurance, professional memberships, conference attendance expenses, assistance with children's tuition, and other components.
The American University in Dubai is a private, non-sectarian institution of higher learning founded in 1995. It serves UAE nationals and international students who seek world-class career-oriented education. AUD, as an international institution of higher education, encourages global understanding by providing an atmosphere of cultural diversity and opportunities for an international education.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications through AUD's Recruitment Portal, where they can create their profiles and provide the necessary documents.
- Cover letter
- Updated CV
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Contact information of three (3) academic/professional references.