Assistant / Associate Professor - Communication
The Department of Humanities and Communication invites applications for a full-time Assistant/Associate Professor of communication to begin January 2023.
Trine University is a teaching-focused institution. A standard teaching load for faculty is 12 credit hours per semester. Faculty are expected to spend 80% of their time on teaching, 10% on scholarship, and 10% on University Service. Trine does not offer tenure. All full time faculty are on renewable, annual contracts. Faculty retention, however, is outstanding and is an institutional priority.
The ideal candidate will have professional experience in broadcast journalism as well as skills in audio/video production and multi-media storytelling. In addition to teaching courses in the communication program and advising communication majors, this person will be responsible for building partnerships both with the Trine Broadcasting Network (an outreach of University Marketing and Communication) and local media outlets.
Education and/or Experience
A terminal degree in communication or closely related discipline is preferred; Minimum qualification for the position is a Master’s degree in communication or closely related discipline.
A terminal degree in Communication or closely related discipline is preferred; Minimum qualification for the position is a Master’s degree in Communication or closely related discipline.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Some benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, flex spending, HSA accounts
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with an employer paid employee life policy valued at 1½ times annual salary
- Financial Insurance – employer paid Long Term Disability and voluntary Short-Term Disability, Accident, Hospital Indemnity, and Critical Illness options are available
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for an employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service, undergraduate education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
Rank and salary will be based on qualifications.